Wednesday, July 9, 2008

She's Here!

For those of you that didn't know I have birthed my baby. Addison Jean was born on June 30th. Everything went really well and fast. I got to the hospital at 9pm and had her at a little after 11pm. I made sure it wasn't too fast to get my epidural. I still felt a lot and have a whole lotta respect for those who do it natural.
She was a big girl 9 pounds 7 ounces and 21 in long. I could have sworn she was going to be small but, the word small and Melissa don't mix. She's a really good baby, she just still has her nights and days mixed up. I'm staying at my moms which is a huge blessing. She watches the other girls while Addison and I nap. I dread going home. Anyway, I feel really good, better than with both other girls. I just keep thanking the Lord for how well everything went. Ben says it's so easy we could have 4 more...He's still recovering in the hospital.

Here's my cute little family on 4th of July. I was so lonely while they went and celebrated without me, I kinda like them a lot!

15 comments:

Lisa said...

She is so cute!!! I love all the dark hair, I've been waiting to see a picture of her forever! Quick labor...I'm glad you got your epidural, my biggest fear is that I won't have time for mine!!! We'll have to swap birthing details after I've had my go at it! Congrats, she is really beautiful. Oh yeah, how are the girls liking her?

Laura said...

i just gotta say "thanks" (I guess technically to holly) for letting me know you had the baby this time. i would not have been happy if i had found out via blog. that is a cute pic of the family. I think you should have 4 more also. think how fun 7 girls would be.

kelly l said...

i think she looks like her daddy. are you guys calling her addie or addison? either way is cool for me. and i'm in agreement on the seven girls. sounds like it would be fab. we'll definitely have to see each other later this month.

the keele's said...

oh gosh she is cute. she looks like the other girls. oh by the way GREAT day to be born. only the greatest people are born on june 30th haha. addison jean welcome to the best family EVER! love ya melis

amyndodd said...

Hey congratualtions! She is too cute. I guess no water park this summer. We should tell Valerie to have another party so we can see each other!

DJB said...

congrats girlie! she's beautiful! you have such an adorable family!i'm in awe of you and your birthing skills! but you do know that you're done having your own kids because i'm hiring your uterus to birth the rest of mine!! HAHA i'll have to come up and finally visit you and amber....i know i'm a slacker! love ya

Poppy said...

She is soooo cute, I can't wait to meet her.

The Girls and Dad B. said...

Hey congrats Melissa! It's fun having 3 girls!!! Good job on the delivery! She's a cutie!

Lisa said...

What a cute family! Congrats:)

Jen said...

Congrats Melissa! 3 girls, wow, Good luck with everything. They are all beautiful.

Big Daddy Mike said...

ohhhhh so cute

Lisa said...

another 'home-run' for ben! ah c'mon, that was somewhat good in the whole baseball puns! we can't wait to squeeze those cheeks! you know i'm talking about your cheeks, melissa.

Rushele said...

She's so beautiful!!
Tons of hair too. I'm jealous! My babies are so bald!
I hope everyone is doing well.
Glad to hear that delivery went well!!

Julie and Todd said...

We're so happy for you guys! She's beautiful! And fast is always an adjective we want to hear when discussing birth. Nice work!

Alyssa said...

Long lost relatives are so cute! I saw yours and Holly's blog links on Katie's. You probably don't remember me but our parents are cousins. We used to see you guys a lot as kids but we have been in Utah for a really long time. Your family is so cute!
- Alyssa Boone Sipe